Everyone Designs Challenge
The E1D Challenge is designed to get gaming clubs thinking STEAM, practicing social emotional skills, and creating games as a social group. Will your group compete to design a tabletop game prototype or dive into coding with video game play? Official Fine Print Rules
January 31: Register Your Team
February: Brainstorm Your Game
March: Build Your Game
April: Play Test Your Game
May 1: Upload an Overview of Your Game for Judging
May 23rd: Winners Announced
Students at EGPA21 play games in the Tabletop gaming area.
- Clubs may submit more than one team to compete, though members are asked to not be on more than one team which is competing.
-We recommend teams consist of no more than 5 members
-Teams will decide to create an opening scene and a single playable level of a Video Game OR a playable prototype Tabletop Game.
- Scheduling of your teams meetings is up to you, though participating teams will most likely put in 4-6 hours of work per week.
- Outlined benchmarks will be given to each participating team on February 7th, via email.
$250 Prizes will be distributed for each of the following categories!
- Most Original Video Game (Opening Menu and Level 1 Gameplay)
- Most Original Table Top Game (Unboxing, Directions, and Gameplay)
- Most Awesome Art with Backstory (Character Design and Lore)
- Most Original Concept (Based on Theory of Design)
- Best Social Game (Based on CASEL 5 Principles)
Teams may begin registering for the E1D Challenge by February 7th, 2023. We are excited to launch this event and look forward to seeing what your students create.